When the clock ticked 12…

During my last 4 years in college, there have been many ‘Fridays’…
Even more no. of lectures in E-block… Many times my cell phone on silent mode has beeped with a new sms…

But 11 May, 2007 was different from all other ‘Fridays’, & when I checked that sms on 11:55 am from one of my friends, my heart skipped a beat, a rush of emotions went through my head, the msg read:

“Never again the campus shall v walk, Never again in break shall v talk.
Its all over, v r leaving everything here.
The end was so far, but now seems so near.”
:-(

And it was at that very moment, when reality hit me hard.
During the next 5 min. the time had come to a standstill. All those moments of college: the good, the better & the best, the ups & downs, went through my mind like a flashback. During all these years, I have never ever yearned a lecture to go on indefinitely, but today I wished so. Never ever had I listened to my teacher’s words with so much attention. But it was hard to concentrate, I was on the verge of breaking down.

And then the clock ticked 12…

It was the beginning of the END. It was going to be my “last lecture” in college. My last hour in the lecture rooms of college. My last interaction with the teachers in a classroom. My last notes ( not that there were many of them already), in the notebook. The last of everything…

My eyes roamed through every part of the room. There it was written on the blackboard: “Last working day of 2k3 batch”. Half of the class was empty. But one sight at those who were present & you knew that were also going through a flood of emotions. Our ‘mehta sir’ sensing the significance of this moment & the look on the face of the students, halted the lecture & shared his thoughts & experiences with us. At the end of it, like what has become a ritual now, there was a ‘photo-session’ with respected sir & everyone of us thanked him for his advice.

On any given ordinary day, the class should have been empty by now. But today was not ‘any ordinary day’, no one wanted to leave the room. So around 10-11 of us friends stayed there, discussed about our experiences, the best & the worst moments, our first days in college & what not!

When we finally decided to leave the room for that one ‘last’ time, everyone had gone nostalgic & went out with a heavy heart. As I moved out of room no. E-106, my cell phone beeped again. There could not have been a more appropriate sms to sum up the occasion. It read:

“ I walk back towards d large gates, breeze rustling leaves across d road, fluttering in wind! Walk past d lifeless canteen wid no one to shout! Peep into empty classes, missing d screams of joy. Stand at d tree where a hundred love was declared n broken. A single tear escapes my eye n falls towards d emptiness of d sand, as my mind races in thought. Alone I stand, as I think its all over. And only memories remain.”

5 Response to "When the clock ticked 12…"

  1. arunabh says:

    awesomely nostalgic.. kudos !
    I am also dreading the moment .. sooner or later, everyone has to bear this :(

    JITIN says:

    @ arunabh
    ya ur rite buddy... everyone has to go thru this phase sometimes in his life... do check out for more such nostalgia driven posts!!!

    Unknown says:

    thanx jitin..these a few web pages will keep my memories of last days of college as fresh they are nw....n i'll always feel as if it was yesterday i left the college.....thanx a lot!!!

    JITIN says:

    @ avinash
    thaaaanx a ton for ur kind appreciation... u know wat these articles are meant for a purpose to relive those college dayz & to remember them again & again... & by ur remarks i think i hv succeded in my attempt!
    thanx again!
    keep visiting :-)

    aameen says:

    Its been three years...But this post made me relive the memories of th wonderful time we all spent in Thapar!!....Thanx bro

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes