…B L A C K & W H I T E…

Question: “How would you describe your stay in Thapar in three words?”

Answers: A Sine Curve
Roller-coaster ride
A learning experience

…B L A C K & W H I T E…

That last answer came out of the blue or did it? Well, these two colours represent the two extremes. The end-points of the line segment which started its journey sometimes during September’03 & came to a halt at the end of May’07. Now ‘Black’ refers to the minima’s of the Sine curve, lows of the roller-coaster ride & bad experiences of the learning curve. ‘White’ is the spectrum of my colorful days at Thapar, the maxima’s, the highs & the good experiences!!! So here it goes…

B L A C K
My very first day at my alma mater: I had just left my parents & home far behind. I was about to enter into a new world. The fear of the unknown had horrified me to the core. I knew no one here. I was a stranger & all alone.

W H I T E
A month into the college, the scene had changed for the better. I had made many new friends & had come to terms with the rigour of college life. Even the hostel-life seemed very fascinating to me now.

B L A C K
The last days of the first semester were like hell. I had never ever studied all night long in my whole life before. Those exam days brought me to my wits end! And worst of all, even after those sleepless nights, I came up with a terrible result!

W H I T E
Aha… how I liked that first semester break. I was back to home for a two weeks break at a stretch. Something that seemed almost impossible during those exam days. This break rejuvenated my spirits…

B L A C K
The second semester was even worse than the first one (academically that is). I broke all my previous records of low scores. The subject I dreaded the most was: EGRA. Infact I came tantalizingly close to a D grade in it!

W H I T E
From the start of the second year, commenced the ‘golden age’@Thapar!
I became a part of the most rocking batch ever to grace the then TIET: ‘The chemical 2k3 batch’… ( & its not an exaggeregation)
So much so that the Blacks almost disappeared from my life…

W H I T E
The next two years turned out to be one of the best phases of my life. I made same great friends… had a fantastic time during all those trips… had a jamboree evening every now & then… studied under some very good teachers & even improved upon my acads!

B L A C K
Though the seventh semester training period at home in Dehradun should have been another enjoyable phase… I messed it up by screwing up with the MBA entrance exams… I regret that moment till now!

W H I T E
The start of the final year brought joys to the faces of many as it was the placement time! I still remember the no. 786(7th Aug ’06), when I got placed… I felt on top of the world at that moment…

B L A C K
The last semester started with an anti-climax. A six month gap during training seemed to have a negative impact on our otherwise mast batch! Then some further misunderstandings (scrapping time in particular) compounded the matter further. The million dollar question now was: “Would our batch never be the same again”???

W H I T E
The answer to that question was a big “NO”!!! Because during the next few months, we dissolved all our differences & had the most rollicking time of our lives: The Mcleod Ganj trip, the farewell party, placement parties, thanksgiving party to our respected teachers followed by colour dress codes in our final dayz, scribbling T-shirt day, Dandia night with director sir etc. All this enlightened our spirits…

B L A C K
And then came those last days of college: the partying time…
“As to meet, to know and then depart is the saddest tale of every heart”…
One by one we all left the hallowed portals of the now Thapar university (TU)… Everyone tried hard to keep the emotions under check… but tears kept on flowing… Within a moment it was all OVER!!!

W H I T E
On the brighter side: The initials Er. were now a part of my name. Finally. I had become an engineer!
So as I prepare myself to enter into the professional world of cut-throat competition…

Walking down memory lane, I will always remember the day when my life took a TU turn…

Sayonara…

35 Response to "…B L A C K & W H I T E…"

  1. jitin i am impressed again.......
    but i have one doubt that u really have regret while staying in ddun during training sem..
    ur words "I messed it up by screwing up with the MBA entrance exams"

    JITIN says:

    @ harsimran
    thanx for ur appreciation. actually i enjoyed a lot during my training time at home but the regret is that i was not able to fulfill my dream of doing MBA this time around & badly screwed up the entrance exams especially CAT during this time. Thats the only regret I have. Otherwise my trng period went very well.

    Anonymous says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Anonymous says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Anonymous says:

    i strongly believe ur off with some colours..be black or white this is the face or the path of the utopian journey you follow..the colurs only change to our taste but i would be happy if you fill it with more colours to have better future..
    Enjoy fnd!!

    come on jitin....
    u tried for CAT and u didn't got that dosn't mean that u should regret abt it...even u know that MBA shows better result after having two years experience as u have more knowledge abt the company and what u have to do in life..
    I don't have any regret because i make my mind that i have to give after work exp..so all the best next time...

    Unknown says:

    hey...jitin...
    it was wonderful reading BLACK $ WHITE...almost all aspects covered...looking forward to similar blogs...take care...keep in touch...

    Unknown says:

    hi bro...u always lives upto expectation by writing an amazimg blog...though summing up four years oflife in nutshell is an herculian task but u did it agan...
    keep it up bro and keep blogging so that we all can njoi ur blogs.....

    arunabh says:

    This almost read like a nice movie depicting the life of a college going student. Why do people who blog almpst end up screwing acads :-?
    A query.. whats EGRA ?

    JITIN says:

    @ utopian_guru
    i take up ur suggestion man... & would definitely try to add a 'rainbow' of colours to my life!
    thanx...
    keep visiting :-)

    @ harsimran
    ok yaar as u say, i will not regret it anymore & ya i m all geared up to crack MBA next time around. thanx a lot for ur kind advice.
    keep visiting :-)

    JITIN says:

    @ tanu
    thanx a lot for ur appreciation... i would certainly keep blogging & ya would definitely stay in touch...
    keep visiting :-)

    @ mudit
    u know what MJ, ur the guy who always inspires me to outdo myself in every post by ur very very encouraging comments... thanx a ton again buddy... ya i would definitely keep blogging mate...
    keep visiting :-)

    JITIN says:

    @ arunabh
    thanx a lot dude...
    ya i think ur rite that bloggers do tend to screw their acads! but i really dont know the answer buddy :-(
    what do u think abt it???
    well EGRA means Engineering Graphics. A subject that terrified me till the last day of second semester. I still thank God that i managed to pass it against all odds :-)

    Anonymous says:

    hey i appretiate ur summing the college life in the two colours that have been in focus through early instills of camera (B/W)..carry on and happy to see ur verses..
    Enjoy

    JITIN says:

    @ utopian_guru
    thanx a ton again buddy...
    Enjoy!

    I can only say great post..

    It is amazing how you described your 4 years at TU in a small post and that too without missing any part of it..

    Unknown says:

    chinx bahut achha aur emotional likha hai

    JITIN says:

    @ damanpreet singh
    thanx a lot buddy! i am absolutely flattered by ur kind appreciation.
    i think its ur first visit to my blog. so keep visiting from now on
    :-)

    JITIN says:

    @ karanbir
    thanx a ton my 'DOB' sake!!!
    keep visiting :-)

    Sahil says:

    u want my comments....Really???

    Well to be frank a bit of a disappoinment....
    Sorry for using these harsh words but I believe it could have been described in a better way metamorphically.....

    JITIN says:

    @ sahil
    well ur the first one to say so. But i take ur remark on a positive note & would try my level best to improve next time around. & I always welcome critics like u bcoz they give u something to introspect upon.
    keep visiting :-)

    sushobhan says:

    yaar u forget to mention the " couple dance " in your whites....... well i know that nothing can ever beat the passion, the excitement and the once upon a lifetime opportunity to dance with a " damsel of your dreams".......... (kya yaar tune mujhe farewell card nahin diya)...:P

    JITIN says:

    @ sushobhan
    ohhhh..... ur rite subi....
    how did i forget that???
    thanx for ur reminder............
    i wld certainly add that up in my next posts.......
    (will tell u abt that farewell card story some other time)
    keep visiting :-)

    Sahil says:

    hey u knw I dont like ppl writing "I, me & mine" whenevr dey write. U shud write a blog in a way dat whenevr ne one reads it dey shud think abt their times n shud not worry abt ur life..

    To b frank....who cares wat d hell u went thru...every1 wants to remembr their time.......

    So its my advice u write in such a way dat whosoever reads ur blog, it shud remind dem abt their life..

    Very innovatively written...I particularly liked the smooth flow of ideas in the post, moving from one event in time to the next....And you do a pretty god job of conveying your exact feelings about your beloved college too!

    JITIN says:

    @ sahil
    thanx for ur advice yaar...
    wld keep that in mind for sure!

    JITIN says:

    @ musab
    thanx a ton buddy for ur kind appreciation... i m really flattered... actually i really like my college a lot & hence, their is alwzys that extra zest & enthusiasm whenever i write about it...
    keep visiting :-)

    devein says:

    a very well depicted emtional sine curve with white and black phases...in my case it wld hv been just d sgpa's n rest all d exponential one.. i ws expectng u to be mentiong bout HBO..vry disappointing,..

    JITIN says:

    @ devein
    thanx bedi saab...
    yaar i hv dedicated one whole post to HBO... & here it is included in all those enjoyable hostel days...
    so you should not be disappointed at all :-)

    AJAYPAL says:

    Very well written jitin.......
    i am usually a critic.......bt this one was really a cool one and it touched me very deeply........
    UUUUU emotionally blackmailed me.......
    i l nt allow u to do so nxt time around

    @s for sahil
    accordind to me .........even if u write "i or me" in ur blog........it does matter to reader......bcz a gud reader always realise himself on the place of the author........it is similar to our reaction to a movie while watchin the story of someone else......................
    still we enjoy na sahil????/

    JITIN says:

    @ ajaypal
    thanx a ton ajay... i m really flattered by ur comments yaar... infact i was also very emotional when i wrote it... even i hv read it a lot many times...
    keep visiting :-)

    Unknown says:

    hey.. i for the first time read ur blog.. its great... reminded me of our wonderful college days... I really miss each and every moment here...

    JITIN says:

    @ nidhi
    thanx a lot for ur appreciation...
    keep visiting :-)

    jitin.. really like it. bahot achha likha hai..

    JITIN says:

    @ sid
    thanx a ton dear!!!

    Good to read chronicles if engg...it reminded me of mine as well..
    I thnk I shud also give a try ...summarising my Engg...

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes